By your request, here are the links to stories, songs, and quotes used my michael in his workshops:
STORIES FOR SHARING
- THE ABUNDANCE BLESSING! – blessing michael uses at the end of a workshop
- THE COCOON AND THE BEES – Two stories linked to CoDependency. Resisting the urge to “fix” people, maybe they need the struggle. It is the struggle out of the cocoon that enables the butterfly to fly and without the struggle with gravity the bees wings atrophy and they can’t fly.
- THE ROSE & THE BUTTERFLY! – story used in the Forgiveness worksheet
- THE SNOWFLAKE – poem from Why Again book, and used in Healing Children Loving Children, revised January 2012
- WILL YOU MAKE THE DIFFERENCE? – perhaps only one voice is missing for peace to come about in the world!
- EACH MOMENT – poem from Why Again article, often read in workshops.
POEMS AND SONGS WRITTEN BY YOU ABOUT THIS WORK
DAY DREAMS written by Jeanette Shaw-Ryce
WE ALL CHOOSE – lyrics by Stacey Fitzgerald (pdf format)
WE ALL CHOOSE – MP3 written and sung by Stacey Fitzgerald in Rocky Mount, VA. She came across Why Again in her search for Aramaic and shares this beautiful song with us. She says, “That’s just a little glimpse into my personal reality glasses!” Visit her blog site at thejourneybackblog.com
AWAKE poem written by Celinda Miller
CAMILLE’S POEM written by her father, she found 79 years later
REVISITING JUNIOR HIGH by Maureen VandeBrake
ARE YOU READY? by Shen (lesson from a guru, teacher, mentor)
A CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE – written by Linda Russell
ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A SOUL – written by Dayawanti D’Sa
EVOLVE! – lyrics by Mary Redente
EVOLVE! – MP3, sung by Mary Redente in Berkeley, CA Full CD has been released, we carry it on our tape table. Please visit her site at www.maryredente.com.
THOSE I KICKED TO THE CURB! by Mary Jo Simpson in Oklahoma City, OK
WORDS TO SONGS USED AT HEARTLAND
- THERE WAS A BEAR – Ari Budnick, our Raw Chef, leads us in this ‘repeat after me’ tune!
- HOW COULD ANYONE – ever tell you that you are anything less than beautiful? The whole group sings this to one person in process, usually everyone gets a turn before the intensive is over.
VIDEOS WORTH SHARING
- ANIL SETH TED TALK – Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality.
- Garden of Your Mind – PBS Digital – Mr. Rogers Remixed
- GRATITUDE – Louie Schwartzberg on TEDxSF
- Nick Vujicic – Nick Vujicic, born with no arms or legs, surmounts what most would call impossible. He has an all encompassing passion to share the Love of God!
- TELL ME WHY VIDEO – Declan Galbraith performing several years ago this VERY POWERFUL VIDEO! To read the lyrics (written lyrics).
- ELEPHANT PAINTER – Amazing! Elephants rescued from abusive treatment in Burma, now paint in peace! You’ll be amazed at how her talent unfolds as she carefully completes each stroke. Her mahout talks to her throughout the process as his gentle touch gives her confidence. She focuses on her work and seems to enjoy the approval of the audience and, of course, the sugar cane and banana treats. All of her training has been reward based.
- GENTLE (AND FORGOTTEN) ART OF BLESSINGS – Powerpoint Presentation by Humanity Healing Yahoo Group and www.myspace.com/randomactskindness.
MESSAGES FOR SHARING
- CIA Study on PERCEPTION Also can be found at cia.gov/resources/csi/studies-in-intelligence/ perception is demonstrably an active rather than passive process; it constructs rather than records “reality”
- Watch the MSNBC video of A MODERN DAY RESURRECTION The power of a loving touch. Mom revives baby who was pronounced dead (Sept. 2010). And read Cleveland Clinic’s explanation Kangaroo Care skin to skin with love.
- OUR DESTINY TO LIVE AND LOVE A true story of the power of touch. A premature twin hugs her sister who is in critical condition, the failing twin revives.
- WORDS TO LIVE BY What do you choose for this day?
- HIGHWAY 109 A poem about a Dad who had passed away and yet rescues his children from a car wreck. Is it possible?
- A LESSON FROM GEESE PowerPoint Slideshow of a powerful lesson we can learn from geese.
- TEAMWORK Demonstrated by this story of porcupines – do we accept others prickles to survive or do we leave and die alone? None of us are perfect.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE A story of an exercise in a school classroom that made a difference in every students life for years to come. Will you make a difference in someone’s life?
- MADE IN AMERICA start a new tradition – give gifts made in America and made of more than materialistic stuff.
- THE CAB RIDE! People may not remember what you did or said but they will always remember how you made them feel.
- KNOTS PRAYER a prayer to God to untie the knots in my mind
- TWO CHOICES opportunity to realize true human nature through a disabled child
- PARADOX OF OUR TIMES by George Carlin
- WHEN GOD MADE ME! video being sung by Neil Young
- WHEN GOD MADE ME! written lyrics by Neil Young
- THE SHIFT! There is a SHIFT Happening! Your choice – will you be part of the shift for good?
- PERCEPTUAL EXPERIMENT Interesting what we “see” video.
- TRANSLATION! Can you read what is written?
- THE GOLDEN PHONE!
- TWO GLASSES OF WINE!
- JUST A MOM? A message to Moms!
- GOD’S CAKE We hope Your Day is A Piece of Cake!
- ANGELS – THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM!
- A VILLAGE OF CREATURES (from “Illusions” by Richard Bach)
- AN OBITUARY FOR COMMON SENSE
- THE EAGLE What an amazing bird.
TRUE STORIES TO PRINT & SHARE
- CHOICE BY LOVE A Haulocaust survivor chose Love instead of Hate.
- NEED A MIRACLE A little girl believes in a miracle for her brother.
- YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE, MY ONLY SUNSHINE!
- SMELL THAT?
- DID GOD CREATE EVIL? (said to be Albert Einstein)
- THE BIRDIES! (Angels and Our Purpose)
- Rent the movie JOYEUX NOEL (2005) – Christmas 1914, peace is found among so called enemies during WWI. The following tells the story.
- CHRISTMAS IN THE TRENCHES! (listen to NPR story – mp3)
- CHRISTMAS IN THE TRENCHES! (read, includes words to song – pdf format)
- CHRISTMAS IN THE TRENCHES! (John McDermott version, click to listen, free download of Rhapsody Music Player